February 4, 2011

I Love Snow, but I hate ice!!

This year I have seen more snowfall than normal.  It has been great!  I got to take my son outside and let him play in the snow.  We threw snowballs and made a track to pull him on a shovel with.  Looked like a sled sort of.  I enjoy being outside in the snow too.  All weather actually.

Ice is not good, unless it is in your favorite cola.  I missed the first part of my work day a few weeks ago do to the door being frozen shut.  Then once at work and still upset about missing some work, I had to listen to all the teasing comments.  "Why don't you park it in the garage?"-  I don't have room!  First of all, my PAID FOR cars are MINE!!  I will do what I want with them.  Sorry if that seems loud, but I was frustrated with some people who own/are still paying for 2+ vehicles, no young children/none at home and who do whatever they want with their money.  Not that any of these things are bad.  I, my wife and I live a modest financial lifestyle.  Both cars we have are at least 10 years old and one of them was a gift from her dad.  We have a young son, and I would miss work for him anytime.  We are a 1 income family and it works for us.  Now, back to ice.

Ice.  That clear sometimes hard to see slick stuff that can be fun, but most of all dangerous.  I hate it.  It has caused most of the city to go without power for 24 hours or more.  No power for some means no heat either.  Of course it is winter and these things are expected.  I still hate ice.  Our ice skating rink of a yard is very hard to walk on without doing the "Oh no, I am gonna fall on my face." dance.  I am not the kind of guy who goes out and buys salt to pour all over my yard either.  I will admit that even though I can't stand walking or driving on ice, it makes nature look very pretty.  My wife loves taking photos of nature, especially during the different effects of the weather it seems.

Ice.  The stuff that looks like glass and feels like fire.  Hold an icicle in your hand for more that a few seconds and you could get frostbite.  It feels like your hand is burning.  I haven't fallen down(yet) on the ice but when/if I do, I bet that I will feel like fire wherever the pain is.

Ice.  When it melts, it refreezes.  Yes, it does.  Our yard and driveway is still covered with ice.  Even though the side of our house has had all the ice melted off of it from the heat of the sun and our power/heat coming back on, our steps and walk seemed to have get even slicker.  Pulling into the drive was fun/dangerous too.  We were pulling in from the north and turning right.  Slowly we veered towards our lamppost and the wheels were still turned right.  Luckily I stopped before we went to far into the yard.  I backed up and started to straighten out the wheels and still went left then right then finally straight.  Walking on the drive was also hard.  Seems like where we park the yard meets the drive at a slope and yes it is hard to walk up any size incline once it is frozen.

Ice.  Well, God made it and I thank him for it.  Even when times are hard.

Thank You Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment