December 31, 2010

Out with the old.

This year is coming to a close.  What will I leave behind.

The OLD.

Ordinary

Lacking

Doubt(s)

Ordinary-What is commonplace or standard.  With no special or distinctive features; normal.

Lacking-Not available or in short supply.  Missing or absent.  Deficient or inadequate.

Doubt(s)-To be uncertain about; consider questionable or unlikely;  hesitate to believe; to distrust; to fear or be apprehensive about.

I don't want to be ordinary anymore.  I don't want to look like everyone else, act like everyone else, smell like everyone else, talk like everyone else, eat or not eat like everyone else, and I don't want to fit in like everyone else.  OKAY enough said.  I do want to be different.

I don't want to be lacking either.  Especially when it comes to my family.  I want my time spent at home not away.  I want it spent in long strides not short breathes.  I want my family to get what they need from me and not have to wait for it.  I will do my best.

I don't want to bring today's doubts with me tomorrow.  I leave them here.  I don't want to doubt at all.  Jesus help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment